Monday, June 26, 2006

Back home

As I write this, Daddy is doing bedtime with the boy.
Boy to Mommy: "I don't want you. I want Daddy."
But that's OK, because I think Daddy wanted the boy to ask him to do bedtime.

To recap, our last day in Portland was a wild day of play at OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry.
We spent an incredible 5 hours there, while my boy and his cousin immersed themselves in all the exhibits - the robots, the dinosaurs, the snakes and lizards, the chipmunk hole, the earthquake house, the Gemini capsule replica, cranes, pulleys, and this wild room with blue rubber balls and hoses filled with air.

It's one of those great places where a parent doesn't have to say - Don't touch - but go ahead, touch it, feel it, press the buttons, turn the wheels, splash in the water.

We the adults started to get bored, especially my sister, the only-nonparent of the group, but the boys just had a blast. So it was truly worth the price of admission.

Our travel day home went well, overall. It didn't feel like it lasted an eternity, but we had gotten a good travel routine and I added a new diversion. The Atlanta airport has a light rail that travels between the various terminals. So we rode for about half an hour, transferring from one train to another. A great time killer, and a fun one too.

But it's nice to be home and I know that my son was very excited every moment of the final plane ride, knowing that at the end, he would see Daddy and his familiar surroundings.

No comments: